Friday, December 12, 2008

TNT's "Leverage"

I'm enjoying the new TNT series "Leverage", which stars the talented Timothy Hutton. It has the feel of the "Oceans" movies; the "Mission Impossible" TV series and movies, and especially an old favorite from my early adult years; "Switch", in which an ex-cop, played by Eddie Albert and a reformed con man, played by Robert Wagner, team up to open a detective agency. They were often assisted by their secretary, played by Sharon Gless, who went on to fame in "Cagney and Lacey."



I always love it when the bad guys get conned and get what's coming to them, lol.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm addicted to this show. I agree with your comparisons - I'd add it has a touch of the A-Team as well.

So far the scripts have been really tight and suspenseful, with just the right amount of action. And I love how the characters are written so that you shouldn't like them but you root for them anyways.

The Word Of Jeff said...

Michelle,

Yeah, I missed the A-Team influence.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);