Monday, December 15, 2008

Duck!

While more amusing than dangerous, the Iraqi journalist throwing his shoes at President Bush during a press conference in Iraq yesterday highlights two points:



1. The President's Secret Service detail was woefully slow in responding to a threat to the President. I mean, come on, the guy had time to remove and throw two shoes, one at a time, at the President's head.

2. Bush himself continues to remain ignorant of how insulting it is in the Iraqi culture to have a shoe thrown at you with his response; "So what if a guy threw his shoe at me? I'm not insulted."

A classic Alfred E. Neuman "What, me worry?" response.

January 20th CAN'T get here soon enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was hysterical! Until he opened his mouth... duh. LOL! I think this is going to be a painful month.

Michelle said...

I had the same thought about the Secret Service. Nice to see they're concerned enough to act swiftly. Bet Obama is hoping they don't get assigned to his detail. LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);