Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The St. Louis Arch

I'm hoping to visit the St. Louis arch before I leave Missouri. My co-worker wants to go also, but she has been on a vacation this past week, so I guess the earliest I'll get to see it will be this Saturday or Sunday. I'm really looking forward to getting to the top and taking some photos.



Now, you might find this amusing, but I'm a little embarrassed by it. My entire life, for whatever reason, I have thought that the arch actually spanned the Mississippi River, with one end on the Missouri side and one end on the Illinois side. I don't know if I misinterpreted a picture when I was a kid or if someone told me that or what, but that is the image I have always had in my mind. Apparently I've never seen or heard anything that would change that impression, until I arrived here.

Those of you who are more well-informed than yours truly will know that the entire arch is on the Missouri side.

Well, I won't ever make that mistake again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);