Saturday, December 13, 2008

Home In A Week

Next Saturday morning I'll fly home to Florida for the holiday, so this is my last weekend in Missouri for the foreseeable future. My non-stop flight leaves St. Louis at 8am local time and arrives in Orlando at 11:20am local time. I was fortunate enough to get an exit-row window seat assignment so at least I won't be sitting with my knees on my chin for 2 1/2 hours.

Rather than drive 2 hours from Jefferson City early on Saturday morning, I'm going to check out of my Jefferson City hotel on Friday morning and after signing out of the office, a drawn out action that involves returning multiple pieces of equipment and getting various signatures on sign-out forms, then drive 2 hours to St. Louis. I'll drop my bags off at the hotel there, then take my rental car to the off-property lot, use their shuttle to go to the airport and then use the hotel's shuttle to get from the airport to the hotel. That way Saturday morning I can simply take the hotel shuttle to the airport between 5:30 and 6:00am, have plenty of time to get myself and my baggage checked in and perhaps grab a quick bite to eat for breakfast.

We'll have a busy few days up to and including Christmas, but it will be nice to be home for the holiday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes it is going to be very busy, but I can't wait to have you home. I hope we can grab a few days just for ourselves.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);