Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Oldies Station Cool 97.5

Whenever I arrive in a new city, one of the first things I do when I get my rental car is scan the local radio broadcasts looking for an oldies station.

Here in Jefferson City, Missouri, KJMO Cool 97.5 is one of the BEST oldies stations I have heard in my travels around the country so far. They use the TRUE OLDIES syndicated show with DJ extraordinaire Scott Shannon as part of their programming, and that is a great oldies show, but they still play some of the best old music from the 50's, 60's and 70's, including a lot of forgotten hits.

And to put the icing on the cake, the other day they played my favorite holiday song. It's one that is especially appropriate now that I'm away from home; "All I Want For Christmas, Is you" by Mariah Carey.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);