Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The So-Called "Service" Industry

This is one reason why people in the fast food business are made fun of all the time.

I step up to the counter at "Gray Meat Royale" (think about it) to give the girl behind it my order.

"I'd like a #10, large with onion rings for here."

Girl pushes buttons on the register.

"Would you like French fries?"

"No, onion rings."

Girl pushes buttons on the register.

"And that was to go?"

"No, as I said when I ordered, it's for here."

Girl pushes buttons on the register.

"That will be $10.73"

"No, I don't think so."

Girl stops pushing buttons on the register.

"What?"

"Unless your price has gone up substantially above what is posted on the menu (I point to the menu board behind her) that can't be right."

"What was your order?"

"A #10, large with onion rings for here."

"Oh, I thought you said #13."


Girl pushes buttons on the register.

"There's no #13 on the menu board."

"We have one on the register and I thought that's what you asked for."

Girl pushes buttons on the register.

"Well, since it's not on the board and I can't see your register, that would be a difficult order for me to place. So no, I did not ask for a #13, I asked for a #10."

Girl pushes buttons on the register.

"Ok, no problem. Did you want fries with that?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I don't know... I think at that point I would have eased on down the road to a different place. Scary to think who was in charge of preparing your food!

Anonymous said...

Ahahahahahaha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);