Saturday, November 1, 2008

Laptop Magazine Aggravates Me

This is not an earth-shaking problem, but it is on my list of small annoyances.

I happen to think that, when you subscribe to a monthly or quarterly print magazine, you should receive your issue in the mail BEFORE the magazine appears on the newsstand. Is that too much to ask? What good does it do (except for the reduced cost) to be a subscriber and see the magazine you want to read sitting on the shelf at various stores while you're still waiting for your copy to arrive in the mail?

I walked into Publix last Tuesday and glanced at the magazine rack as I entered the store. There was the November issue of Laptop, the November issue that I had not yet received. Today is Saturday and I STILL have not received my subscription copy. Lest you think I'm a little short-tempered, this is the second time this has happened with Laptop. I like their magazine. I enjoy the various articles and I usually get some good information from each issue...but not if my subscription copy doesn't arrive.

As I said, it's a small annoyance. But I just hate to see a magazine I subscribe to sitting on the store shelf before I get it in the mail. I think subscriber issues should be mailed in time to arrive in mailboxes before they arrive on store shelves.

What do you think? Am I in need of an extra dose of patience? Has it ever happened to you...twice with the same magazine?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a matter of fact, Popular Science was doing it to me (I suffered thru six issues before calling) and when I called to complain, they rectified it with the next issue. I don't know what they did but the future issues arrived in advance of the store copies. BTW, I hate it when that happens too!

Unknown said...

Simplicity, Patience, and compassion are the three things we should all develop in our lives.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);