Monday, July 27, 2009

Another Black Mark Against Borders Books

A while back Borders pissed me off by firing a friend of mine (Hey Rhon!) and then a few months ago they made it personal and REALLY pissed me off by suddenly changing how they deal with coupons while I was trying to make a purchase...so much so that I left my entire and substantial stack of books sitting on their counter and walked out of the store. I haven't been in one of their stores since, choosing to take my book-buying dollars to Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, Independent bookstores and Amazon rather than patronize a company that seems hell bent on making bad decisions.

Now they've done it again.

In an effort, it seems, to stop information about how their company is heading down the tubes, Borders appears to be prohibiting any employees from blogging, podcasting or posting anything in general that reflects negatively on the company by trying to get employees to sign a "non-blogging" contract.

Pissing off your customers with horrible customer service and pissing off your employees by restricting their right to free expression when they're not disclosing proprietary company secrets, is a sign that you're not long for the retail book business.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've never cared for Borders and only shopped there when I had a coupon. Barnes & Noble rocks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);