Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Well, It's Not A Chicken In Every Pot...

During the presidential campaign of 1928, the Republican Party circulated fliers with the promised that, if Herbert Hoover won the presidency, there would be "A chicken in every pot and a car in every garage." Many people mistakenly think that Hoover himself made that promise, but it was the party backing him that pushed that slogan out to voters.

Eighty-one years later, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. (probably the most famous doughnut franchise in the country, although personally I can't stand them) is promising a FREE doughnut to every single American on Inauguration Day next Tuesday, January 20, 2009.


It's a nice gesture, but someone else will have to eat mine.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I will! I will! I love KK's! :D

Anonymous said...

Get Out! I loves them! I haven't seen any Krispy Kremes here in Texas. Their version is Shipley's.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);