Monday, January 12, 2009

New Blog Additions

Astute observers will notice some new additions to The Word Of Jeff blog, but for those who have better things to do than look over this blog's design contents or who read it via RSS, here's a short rundown.

Quotes Widget
- over on the right hand column content is a new Quotes Widget that displays a different quote each time the page is refreshed. I like famous quotes and find them fun to build upon in some of my posts and writing, so this was more for me than you, lol, but I hope you might enjoy it as well.

Search This Blog - also on the right hand column content is a Search This Blog button courtesy of Google. It works just like the Google search page; simply enter your word or term and it will list all occurrences of your query within this blog.

Social Bookmark Widget - added to the bottom of every post (even past ones) is a new feature that allows readers to email or bookmark the post, submit it to Digg or Del.icio.us or post it to Facebook or MySpace and more. I was able to find the code that would work in Blogger at AddThis, thanks to a recent great post by Susan Johnston of The Urban Muse, 5 Easy Ways to Improve Your Blog.

By the way, you may recall that back on October 2, 2008 I posted the Top 10 Blogs For Writers. Of the three that I listed as being blogs I would try out, The Urban Muse is the only one that I kept on my RSS feed. That's because of the quality, helpfulness and easy readability of each of Ms. Johnston's posts which always make her posts so enjoyable and educational. If you haven't already, you should definitely add her to your reading list.

Anyway, I hope you'll try out some or all of the new additions and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);