Friday, January 23, 2009

Proofreading Tips

My friend Michelle Twittered me this little spelling jewel from a feed she gets;

"not that I'm byast, but you should stay at MGM Grand"

That arrived almost at the same time that an RSS feed showed up in my reader from Copyblogger. Shane Arthur's "14 Foolproof Proofreading Tips for Bloggers" gives some excellent advice for how to proofread your blog posts, but they could apply to any writing. Some of these I already practice and I'm sure I'll try implementing the others as applicable.

Of course, proofreading involves more than just spell checking. Proper grammar, correct citations, working links and just making sure that the piece reads comfortably and correctly are all important components and aspects of successfully proofreading a post or article. Check out Shane's post and see where his tips may help you.

Not that I'm byast or anything...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);