Monday, October 12, 2009

H1N1 Handshake

My employer is holding a series of H1N1 awareness classes and this past Friday morning was my turn to attend with about 30 of my colleagues. We learned to cough into the inside of our elbow and that "the bump" is gaining acceptance as a substitute for shaking hands. The President and First Lady probably had no idea they were exhibiting a precursor to staying healthy and not passing germs and bacteria around when they gave each other that famous show of affection.

Whenever I leave a meeting at a Senator's or Congressman's office and I've been shaking hands so much it seems like I might be like a politician myself, I always get out the bottle of Purell I keep in my car and liberally douse my hands and wrists before driving away. Maybe now I can convince them that we should just do "the bump."

Wonder Twin powers activate!



1 comment:

Michelle said...

That's what keeps popping to mind whenever I see the Obamas do the fist bump. I keep waiting to hear, "Shape of a pail of water!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);