Friday, September 4, 2009

Shelfari - Neil Gaiman's Library

Over at Shelfari, a social media site for booklovers, they have started a new feature on their blog where they will ask some of their (and our) favorite authors about books on their shelves. The first author they thought of is one of my favorites, Neil Gaiman. But instead of asking about books on his shelves, they asked if they could take photos of his library. Below is just ONE photo of ONE section.



A couple of weeks ago I was reading about the passing of one of Mr. Gaiman's cats, Pod, in her sleep from old age. Lorraine wrote about it in her blog and referred to Pod as "one of Boss's Library Cats" which I found quite endearing. I could not help but try to imagine what Mr. Gaiman's library might look like and so now am very glad to actually see this great writer's library.

The old adage "A writer must first be a reader" is obviously true in Mr. Gaiman's case. I could not find a count of how many volumes are in his library, but it is obviously in the thousands, if not tens of thousands.

Here are the high-res photos, if you'd like to gaze longingly at the individual titles. Right now though, you'll have to excuse me as I need to go wipe the drool off my chin.

Oh, before I go, if you want to be a Shelfari-friend of mine, here is the link to my shelf.

P.S. Right after I posted the above I came across a new post of photos of Mr. Gaiman's upstairs reference library. I need a mop.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sigh. I've always dreamed of having a house with one big room that I could turn into a library. I think it would look just like this (including the cat).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);