Friday, September 18, 2009

Happy Birthday, June Foray

Today is June Foray's 92nd birthday. I hope you recognize her name, but if by chance you don't, I know you'll remember the voice of Rocket J. Squirrel (better known as "Rocky" of "Rocky and Bullwinkle" fame) or Granny from the Sylvester and Tweety Bird cartoon or Cindy Lou Who in the cartoon version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas or maybe one of the hundreds of voices in hundreds of cartoons over the years from the 1940's until a few years ago. If you're a woman of a certain age, June was the original voice of the Chatty Cathy doll you might have owned or wanted to own when you were a little girl.

About 2 weeks ago the postman delivered my autographed copy of Ms. Foray's autobiography, Did You Grow Up With Me, Too? The Autobiography of June Foray that I had ordered a couple of months ago. As a huge fan of Rocky and Bullwinkle, it was a real kick to see "Hi Jeff, June Foray" signed to me inside her book, even if "Hokey Smoke!" would have been the ultimate dedication. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but I hope to remove it from the pile and enjoy it in the near future.

Happy Birthday, June Foray, and a wish for many more.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);