Wednesday, February 18, 2009

On The Road Again...

I'll be on the road today, first for an afternoon meeting in a town about 2 hours from the office, then driving another 2 hours to a town in Kentucky named Hopkinsville to spend the night before a meeting there on Thursday afternoon.

Hopkinsville is a city located in Christian County, Kentucky in the western part of the state. As of the 2000 census, the city had a total population of 30,089. It is the county seat of Christian County.

Probably the most interesting thing about Hopkinsville is that it was the birth place and home town of the notable psychic Edgar Cayce.

I'll be staying in a hotel that is NOT a Comfort Suite. Speaking of Comfort Suites, I answered their request for a survey of my stay at the hotel in Georgetown. I was a little nonplussed by the fact that, though they allow you to make a comment explaining the situation you were unhappy with, they limit you to 256 characters! Hell, get with the times, we're not living in the dial-up days any longer. Comment sections can and should be as long as necessary to tell your tale. I can only view it as further evidence of a lack of caring about customer service at Choice Hotels. I DID leave my full review at Tripadvisor, so hopefully other travelers will be warned about the lousy customer service at this hotel.

After my meeting Thursday afternoon, I'll drive the 4 hours back to Lexington and the comfort of the Doubletree. They're even being nice enough to hold my large suitcase for me so I only have to take my carry-on bag on this 2-day 1-night trip. As I write this, the forecast is for rain all day Wednesday and snow all day Thursday with ice and sleet thrown in both days for good measure. It's going to be a fun drive!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be careful on the roads... I love you and miss you very much.

love the cartoon....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);