Thursday, February 5, 2009

If It's Thursday, This Must Be Frankfort

Well, it was actually 4 degrees, not 5, this morning. Though one local TV weatherperson showed a map with Frankfort having a temperature (not a wind chill) of -1. Realistically, I doubt a human body could tell the difference between 4 degrees and -1, but the mind certainly causes an involuntary shiver when contemplating the lower temperature.

I'm on the third floor and at the very end of the hall in my hotel. I am wondering if that is a contributing factor in the spottiness of the wireless Internet connection. Still, it is better than NO connection, so I am not complaining too much. If it weren't SO cold I would consider walking the three blocks to a cafe which offers free Wi-Fi, but the temperature and the wind are brutal. And I am just too exhausted by the time I return to the hotel at 9pm to want to make the effort.

As I type this the plan is for me to move down tomorrow to the western part of the state which was also the hardest hit part during last week's ice storm. That plan could change at any moment and probably will, but if not I'll make the 3 hour drive down on Friday and set up operations out of my hotel for my part of our efforts in that area over the next couple of weeks. Our mantra includes the word "flexible" and truly adopting that mindset helps keep you from being constantly frustrated by the changes that are part and parcel of this type of operation.

I'm going to be trying to fit in some Twitters, so if you're not following me there you might want to consider it as it will probably be where you'll see more of me. I recommend TweetDeck for your desktop/laptop and TwitterBerry if you're using BlackBerry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never done twitter.. not sure I get it...also worried it might become another addiction.. I'm torn!

The Word Of Jeff said...

AnnMarie,

It would, lol, but it's a better one than WOW. ROFL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);