Monday, February 23, 2009

Guest Of The Day

After I finished up my meeting in Elizabethtown last Wednesday, I had to drive another 2 hours down to Hopkinsville to spend the night and prepare for a meeting the next afternoon.

I ended up booking a room at the Fairfield Inn due in part to the fact that it was one of the few places I could find a room and in part to add to my Marriott Rewards point count. After driving to the Elizabethtown meeting in the rain, attending the meeting and then driving to Hopkinsville, well...by the time I pulled up in front of the Fairfield Inn I was somewhat tired and knew I had a few hours of work to do on the laptop once I checked in, so I was probably beginning to shows signs of some tiredness.

So you might be able to imagine how I was surprised and buoyed to walk into the lobby and see this sign by the front desk.



Now, in all the traveling I've done over the past 18 months and all the hotels I've stayed in, I've never been (or even seen signs about, for that matter) Guest of the Day, so that was definitely unexpected. But when I got to my room, there was a further surprise.



And here is what was inside the bag.



Now, unfortunately, out of those three items I can only have one and you can imagine which one it is, but still it was a nice touch and put a smile on my face at the end of a long day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww that was so cool!!!

PS.. the word I had to type in to comment was 'jacker'... hahah..ok.. i laugh easily..

Unknown said...

I want the candy bar and chips

The Word Of Jeff said...

Kimsota,

Too late. I gave them to a homeless fellow.

Anonymous said...

That was nice. I had my name on a hotel sign once. But the hotel told me not to touch the sign again or I'd be asked to leave. LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);