Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Zoomii

I love going into brick and mortar bookstores. Shopping online is incredibly convenient, but it just isn't the same as walking into a store full of shelves and almost endless amounts of reading material. One of the things I'm looking forward to on our camping trip to North Carolina is going into the TWO privately owned bookstores in the town of Waynesville. Cindy and I love walking through their shelves and displays and finding some treasure to read.

But now shopping online can be close to shopping in a real bookstore with Zoomii.



You can take a stroll through virtual bookshelves at Zoomii Books. Zoomii is basically a bookstore-like front-end interface to Amazon’s book database, Zoomii displays covers, scaled to size, of the top-ranked 25,000 books on virtual bookshelves. Clicking a book cover brings up the detailed information about it. You can search by title, genre or keyword. Currently, Zoomii is only available for the U.S. and Canadian Amazon stores.

Take a stroll through Zoomii and see what you think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is cool, but I am NOT going to check it out. I have way too many books right now that need to be read...



ok.. I might take a look... a look, I am not going to buy another book..


ok...maybe one book.....

The Word Of Jeff said...

Cindy,

NO! No books for you!! LOL.

Anonymous said...

Wow that is awesome. I agree, I love walking thru bookstores too.

The Word Of Jeff said...

AnnMarie,

It IS an enjoyable way to spend some time, isn't it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);