Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and in conjunction with that observance blogs and websites around the country are agreeing to Go Pink For October.

Last year, The Word Of Jeff limited its Go Pink participation to adding the graphic for the month of October, but, as you can see, this year the background on the blog will be pink for the next month. It's really my color, isn't it? LOL.

But in all seriousness, it's an important cause and one that touches so many lives, either directly or indirectly. My mother-in-law and my friend Rebecca are both breast cancer survivors. You probably know someone whose life has been affected by breast cancer.

I'll be making my annual donation, which this year will again support my friend Katrina as she takes part in the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 5K Walk back home in Orlando.

I always view my donation as a way to support research that may one day help eradicate this disease that could potentially strike my wife, daughter, granddaughter or other loved one or friend.

Whatever your motivation, I hope you'll do whatever you can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since you've already gone pink, perhaps you'd also like to also take part in our month-long contest?

There is also a "Share Your Story" segment where you can share a true story, or encourage your friend/family/neighbour/colleague to share theirs.

Head on to Pink for October website for more details! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);