Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Bookcrossing

I used to do Bookcrossing in another online life, but I have gone over a year here on my own site without setting up a new Bookcrossing identity attached to my own name. I've still released books in the wild during my days on the road, but without the Bookcrossing label or tracking code to follow where my little babies may have traveled. After a while I realized I missed checking to see where in the world they would find themselves.

So a few days ago, as I found myself nearing the end of a disappointing paperback novel, I decided to start a new Bookcrossing account under my own name and begin releasing again with the almost finished book. I finished it Saturday night (I REALLY should have stopped in the middle as I was tempted to do, but I slogged my way through to the end) and Sunday I opened the new account with it as my first entry. Sunday afternoon I made my way to the (not) bustling College Square Mall near my hotel and, after a reconnaissance stroll, found a spot to release it into the wild.

By the way, for those wondering why I would release a book I found unsatisfying; everyone is different. A book I may feel is the greatest literary work of all time may be the worst piece of trash you've ever read, and vice versa. To each his or her own.

Now I'm working on another paperback novel that someone gave me. As soon as I finish this one, I'll be releasing it as well.

If you haven't tried Bookcrossing yet, you should give it a shot. It's a fun way, at the very least, to spread your love of reading and enjoy the experience of tracking where your book goes.

Click on the new button over on the right-hand column to sign up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow I forgot about Bookcrossing. Glad to hear you are keeping it going!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);