Thursday, July 3, 2008

I Don't Feel Older...Yet

Sorry for the absence yesterday. Tuesday I came into the Des Moines office for a few minutes to pick up some documents then drove 2 1/2 hours over to Cedar Rapids for a day of meetings. I finally arrived back at the hotel here in Des Moines at 10:30 that night and went straight to bed without even firing up my laptop. It was a fun trip, as you can see from my Twitter posts.

Yesterday was a nice day, even if I spent all of it at work. Thanks to all who sent congratulatory e-mails, text messages and phone calls. Your remembrance is much appreciated.

Despite being tired, I still went to see "Hancock" right after work as a sort of present to myself. While I did not think it was Smith's best work and it was a bit "rough" in some of its storytelling and plot executions, it's difficult for me not to enjoy watching Will Smith in just about any of his cinematic spectacles (with the obvious exception of "Wild Wild West"). Overall I found the movie to be very enjoyable.

No holiday for us tomorrow. It will be a "regular" 12-hour day. In fact, I won't have another day off while I'm here in Des Moines.

That's because my original 30-day on loan assignment comes to an end next Wednesday and though I have been asked by the folks here to remain (until Christmas!), at the request of my regional manager I'll be returning home that day to make myself available for work in my own division.

The bright side (besides the obvious one of being home, seeing my wife and family, etc.) is that I'll have time for writing, something which has been in short supply while stumbling through 14-16 hour days here in Des Moines. Time, that is, after I catch up on all the items on the "Honey Do" list Cindy has been compiling while I've been gone.

Hmmm...I wonder if I can figure out a way to stay out here?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY glad you'll be able to come home!

Anonymous said...

yep...the list just got longer......

You'll be begging them to take you back. I have saved up quiet a bit of work at home, that I'm sure only you can do.... and besides...I need someone to cook, clean and do the laundry...

as you can tell... I miss you very much

writer of your honey do list.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);