Friday, June 27, 2008

Enjoying A Day Off

We're now required to take off one day each week, so I was off Wednesday. To insure that my day off would not be filled with "must do" things, I went after work Tuesday night to get a haircut and buy some groceries. I also bought a bathing suit in case I ever get enough time to use the indoor swimming pool at the hotel for some exercise.

I slept in until 9am. That was SO nice, lol. Of course I woke up out of habit at 5am, but it was nice to pull the covers over my head and fall back asleep. After showering I went out for a late breakfast to a local Perkins Restaurant because I had a real craving for my favorite dish. I always order the same thing from them for breakfast (Country Club Omelet, bacon burned, hash browns and pancakes) but it tasted different from what I get when I'm in Florida. Maybe it's the water, maybe it's that the chickens are closer to me here in Iowa and their eggs are fresher or maybe the cook used some different recipe, but whatever it was I was disappointed.

Then I stopped in at both Barnes & Noble and Borders to pick up some magazines and a couple of books I need to read and then returned to the hotel.

About an hour later I left to go to an early showing of The Incredible Hulk which I enjoyed more than I expected (I have a review up over at Athena), though again the CGI was not up to par.

A late lunch/early dinner at a place called Legends American Grill rounded out my time out and about the area. I returned to the hotel, did my laundry and ironing, then relaxed and wrote the above-noted review before hitting the sack because 5am comes early.

Welcome to my exciting life, lol.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad they are making sure you get at least one day off!! Sounds like a good one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);