Monday, April 7, 2008

Charlton "Chuck" Heston

"It's been quite a ride. I loved every minute of it." Charlton Heston

Charlton Heston passed away over the weekend and though no cause of death was given, the most likely reason will be complications from the Alzheimer's he suffered from over the past 6 - 7 years. Although I never cared for his "politics" in his later years, I always did enjoy watching movies he starred in, especially the first "Planet of the Apes" ("Take your stinking paws off of me you damn dirty ape!"), "Soylent Green" ("It's people. Soylent Green is made out of people.") and "The Omega Man" ("Build coffins. That's all you'll need.") Also, he always seemed to be a genuine gentleman in any interviews I ever saw of him.

And I'm sure it's going to be on blogging posts all over the Internet, but I'll say it anyway;

Someone go pry the gun out of his cold dead hand.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);