Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hurricane Charley - 5 Years Ago

It was 5 years ago today that Hurricane Charley cut a path of destruction across the Florida peninsula, slicing through Orlando and reminding Central Floridians that we are not as immune from Mother Nature's ocean-spawned storms as we might have thought.

Back then I was writing a different blog, sort of a predecessor to The Word Of Jeff, and I thought it might be interesting to take a look back at what I had written about our experience with one of the most devastating hurricanes to ever hit the Orlando area. Since the posts span several days it would be way too long to post here on the main page, so I've created a separate page for the look back at Hurricane Charley - 5 Years Ago.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. Hard to believe it's been 5 years. At the same time, though, I had just found out I was pregnant with Gavin that Tuesday and right now he's 4 years old and standing next to me playing. I remember driving down by Lake Underhill and looking at the trees down there. Scary time.

Unknown said...

That was a scary night - Charley rolled right over our house in Belle Isle. We were luckier than our neighbors, but Charley certainly changed the landscape of our neighborhood. It was in the following week that I came to appreciate the sound of a generator :) I'm happy I don't have to worry about boarding up windows anymore.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);