Monday, April 27, 2009

Shaken, Not Stirred

That's how I felt during the latter portion of my flight on AirTran this afternoon from Orlando to Atlanta. During the last 15-20 minutes of the flight, which was the approach to Hartsfield-Jackson, I think they let the co-pilot or maybe even the Lead Flight Attendant, fly the plane.

I say that because we went from a very smooth flight to something akin to a bad carnival ride. We dipped, fell, rose, shook, sped up and slowed down during the final approach so much that the lady next to me was holding onto the back of the seat in front of her. I think she was afraid the seatbelt would not withstand the crazy gyrations we were experiencing.

The pilot never announced that we were having any wind, weather or equipment problems, so I can only surmise that someone was doing some on the job training with a plane full of passengers.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);