Sunday, April 26, 2009

Georgia On My Mind...Again

A few hours ago I got the call I had been expecting telling me to report to Atlanta where they're setting up an office for this deployment. I'm flying out from Orlando Monday afternoon around 2pm and arriving in Atlanta just in time to drive through rush hour traffic from the airport to my hotel.

I had thought I might be going back to Valdosta, so I had left my suitcases packed from my last trip up there 10 days ago as if I would be driving back there, but with the office being situated in Atlanta I will have to fly and that means re-packing to bring the weight down so it doesn't cost as much as the plane ticket in luggage surcharges.

The last time I was in Atlanta was June of 2007. I was only there for 3 1/2 weeks for some training, but I did get to see my first live MLB game, as well as touring a nice art museum and taking the CNN behind the scenes tour on my off time. I probably won't have much of that for the first few weeks of this deployment, but perhaps later on I will get a chance to tour the Coca-Cola Museum, something I didn't get to do when I was there almost 2 years ago.

I'll be getting to work with some old friends and some new folks that I've been wanting to work with, so I'm looking forward to this assignment with a little more anticipation (though I love ALL my deployments) than usual.

As usual, I'll be Twittering as much as I can, so that will be a good place to keep up with where I'm at and what I'm doing.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Be safe my love... I will miss you but know we will be talking by phone a lot. See you on the webcam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);