Friday, May 16, 2008

Paddle Faster, I Think I Hear Banjo Music

Well, I have some catching up to do, don't I?

I flew into OIA on Friday, May 2nd and Cindy picked me up from the airport around 4:30pm. We stopped to get some salads to go from Chili's and then went home to "get to know each other again", if you catch my drift.

Ten minutes later we were happily eating our salads and watching TV.

Saturday we spent the day getting our camping gear out of the attic, checking to see what we needed and then stopping in at various stores to buy those things we needed. Saturday night was Amber's birthday party and I got to see several family members at the party that I hadn't seen in months.

Sunday morning we were up bright and early at 4am and on the road an hour later. Three gas stops, two meal stops and eleven hours later, we arrived at the Moonshine Creek Campground in Balsam, North Carolina. This campground is about 30 minutes from our property in Maggie Valley and is very, very nice. It has sites for tenters like Cindy and I, RV's, and cabins, along with lots of trees, creeks and short hiking trails. Much more to our liking than the first one we looked at that, while closer to Maggie Valley, was like camping on the Wal-Mart parking lot. Flat, barren of trees and laid out like a military grid. Moonshine Creek is much more natural and what we prefer. Pictures are here from our first day at the campsite.


More to come, including the explanation for the title of this post.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);