Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mikey's Award Ceremony

Yesterday morning I was up early and out the door by 6:45 to drive up to see Mikey receive some awards from his school. Ann has most of the details on her blog.

I am so proud of Mikey. Despite his difficulties, he is incredibly smart; a fact he demonstrated by winning awards in Reading, Math and Spelling. He and I kept smiling and waving at each other during the ceremony. I love that little guy SO much. And he made the day for Cindy (who couldn't be there because she was working) by saying, "I like seeing you Granddad, but I wanted to see Grandma Cindy with you."

Mikey's dad Jason was kind enough to use my video camera to tape the ceremony while I took pictures with the still camera. Those pictures are here and I'll try to get the video edited and uploaded over the next few days.

Congratulations Mikey! You've had a great year in First Grade.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the best grandpa in the whole world, we salute you.

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!! for our Mikey,

Great Granny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);