Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's...Zengrrl!"

A week ago today my brother and I met to visit our mom. Mark and I hadn't seen each other in about 18 months, I think, when he was in Orlando for a job interview and I picked him up at the airport. The drive between OIA and downtown Orlando was all the time we had together for that visit, so it was nice to get to spend a few hours together last Tuesday, visiting our mom and catching up on each other's lives.

While we were driving to the store to buy a new mouse for our mom's computer, my Blackberry buzzed on my hip, indicating I had received an SMS message from someone. When I pulled up the message it was a photo of the Superman statue in Metropolis, Illinois and text that read, "It's a bird...It's a plane...It's a 30ft tall concrete Superman! @ Metropolis, IL - detour just for you, Jeff." from my friend Zengrrl who was driving down to Orlando from Wisconsin and made the side trip to take photos of the self-proclaimed "Hometown of Superman" because she knows what a fan I am of The Last Son of Krypton.


One day I've GOT to visit Metropolis, preferably during one of their Annual Superman Celebrations.

Thanks for being so SUPER Zengrrl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool - what else can I say?

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);