Thursday, February 28, 2008

Not The Brightest Bulb In The Pack

A lot of my friends have already seen this, but I thought I'd post it up here just to show that some people simply don't pay attention.

Where I work I'm issued certain equipment at every location I work in and I turn it all back in when I move somewhere else. When I arrived in Baton Rouge I was issued a laptop and a cell phone (so they can call me when they please and I damn well better answer). A couple of weeks ago I received an e-mail from a drone in the property control section asking me the following (NOTE: I'm copying everything exactly as it was sent and only "X'ing" out identifiable information):

PLEASE FORWARD THE PHONE NUMBER TO THE CELL PHONE THAT IS ISSUED TO YOU.

Ok, ignoring the fact that he's flouting netiquette by shouting at me in all caps, this will be easy. All my contact information is in my e-mail signature so I reply:

In the signature.


Jeff Wetherington
XXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX
Baton Rouge XXX
XXX.XXX.XXXX Cell
XXX.XXX.XXXX Desk
XXX.XXX.XXXX Fax
Jeffrey.Wetherington@xxx.xxx


Simple, right?

Apparently not. A few minutes later I receive this:

I NEED THE PHONE NUMBER TO THE PHONE THAT THE XXX ISSUED TO YOU. I DIDN’T UNDERSTAND YOUR STATEMENT.

Now I'm shaking my head in disbelief and laughing, but I'm also a little ticked off that this guy keeps 1) shouting at me in his e-mail and 2) making me use valuable time to beat him over the head with the information he's asking for because, basically, he's a moron. Still, I always try to be courteous so I reply:

The phone number is in my signature. Marked "Cell". In other words XXX.XXX.XXXX.

Jeff Wetherington
XXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX
Baton Rouge XXX
XXX.XXX.XXXX Cell
XXX.XXX.XXXX Desk
XXX.XXX.XXXX Fax
Jeffrey.Wetherington@xxx.xxx

I'm assuming he finally figured it out, since I don't hear back from him.

But wait. This week, what should arrive in my inbox but the following?:


PLEASE FORWARD THE PHONE NUMBER TO THE CELL PHONE THAT IS ISSUED TO YOU.

I just started beating my head on my desk. When I was almost unconscious, I took the e-mails I had saved (yes, I save them all to CMA) and forwarded them back to him.

I haven't heard back from him, but I'm wondering if I'll get another e-mail next week.

"Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error" - Marcus Tullius Cicero

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that shirt!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL! May I suggest writing it in crayon? Or maybe take a page from his book by replying and asking WHO WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO FORWARD IT TO?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);