Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Rain Conspiracy

There is a conspiracy afoot here in southwestern Louisiana. Since my arrival in Lake Charles, every time I have a day off it proceeds to rain the entire day. When I'm working, the sun is shining and the weather is clear. When I'm free to walk around taking photos, it rains.

All day.

This weekend, the rain was accompanied by 45-50 degree temperatures during the day, making it seem that much more miserable. I look out my third floor window and see nothing but slate gray skies, heavy, ominous clouds and the constant falling of rain. So much rain that, as of a few minutes ago, Calcasieu (Kal-Ka-Shoe) Parish was put under a flood watch.

Glad I'm on the third floor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ew, that sucks :( I'll keep my fingers crossed that your next day off is sunny!

Anonymous said...

Could you send some of that rain to us?? perception is everything. I personally like the rain.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);