Saturday, September 29, 2007

Greetings From Maggie Valley, NC

I arrived back in Orlando yesterday around noon and by the time I retrieved my checked luggage from baggage claim and my in-laws graciously picked me up, it was 12:35. I then enjoyed a wonderful lunch with them at Cracker Barrel and spent some time catching up before they dropped me at home. My afternoon was spent doing laundry and watching a couple of episodes each of "Weeds" and "Californication" on the DVR, just to wind down some.

When Cindy got home from work we went to dinner at Olive Garden, bought a couple of new bluetooths since ours were dying, and went home to hit the sack.

We were up at 4am this morning and left the house at 5:10am to drive to Maggie Valley, North Carolina. We made the 615 mile drive safely, arriving here at 3:30pm. Our only stops were for breakfast at Cracker Barrel in St. Augustine, FL, lunch at Subway in Columbia, SC and two fueling operations for the car.

By the way, does anyone know why gasoline in South Carolina is almost 20 cents cheaper than it is in both of it's neighboring states (Georgia and North Carolina)? In Florida, Georgia and North Carolina gas is $2.78 a gallon, but in South Carolina the price is $2.59.

Here are some pictures of the outside front and back and inside of the cabin we are staying in for the next two nights.









After getting to the cabin and unloading the car, we left to go meet the real estate agent and then rode together to the piece of property that Cindy really likes. Tomorrow morning we'll meet with a building contractor at the property site to discuss how a house might best be placed and other concerns, then we're off with the real estate agent to look at some other pieces of property.

Cindy and I are enjoying our time together after being apart for three weeks, but this is a very busy weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute place! Glad you're having fun!

Cindy said...

What about the big surprise you gave me at Olive Garden??? A new diamond wedding band. It is so beautiful and I was so happy. As for the story that goes with how I got it...more later.

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Wow a new ring, I wish I had ordered steak at CB. ha
Glad you found a place you like. Have a safe trip home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);