Saturday, December 15, 2007

Family Day At Disney

Today is our annual "Family Day at Disney" gathering. It's usually Cindy and I, her mom and dad, Ann, Jason, Mikey and Heather, Amber, Jeremy, Ed and Pam. This year, we get to add Wendy, Jeremy's significant other, and take away....ME.

Yes, since I'm still in Lake Charles, LA I did not get to participate in one of the most enjoyable things we do each year; meet at one of the Disney parks, usually (...hmmm now that I think about it, always) at Disney-MGM, enjoy a few shows or rides, have lunch at one of the nice-sit-down restaurants, have our family portrait made, spend a bunch of money on Disney merchandise and stay until it gets dark so we can walk through the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights display on the Disney-MGM (soon to be Disney's Hollywood Studios) Streets of America backlot, which my mother-in-law and I love to see.

I've talked to Cindy several times today and to Mikey, Heather and Ann once each, so far. Plus, Ann has been sending me cameraphone pics all afternoon so I could see what the grandkids are doing. Thanks Princess.





Here's a photo I took last year when we were there. My, Heather has grown. I love the look on her face as she stares at her older brother.



I miss being there.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

It was fun as always. We all missed you a lot. Mikey kept asking where was GrandDad, he missed him. I am tired and my feet hurt. Off to bed I go.

Miss you a lot
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Well we did miss you a lot, but the lights were not a walk through, but rather just a mingle around in a huge crowd. We did have a very good lunch, 12 of us there, not counting Mandy, she went off by herself. It tried to rain, but not enough to make us leave. I just love driving that little car. Sorry, but I was not sleepy like the rest.

Anonymous said...

Mikey said he missed you like 14 times lol. We all did. I am glad you liked the pics, I tried to keep you in there :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. "Empty spot at the table," come to think of it, there was an empty spot period. We missed you, the little guys and the big guys. Yes, the joy of it all was Heather's face when the Osbourne's lights came on. Mikey enjoyed it too but it was a bit much for him, the music was very loud. But I think he had a great time as we all did. See you soon. Mom P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);