Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"In My Mind I'm Goin' To Carolina..."

Well, we are now the proud owners (along with the bank, lol) of a piece of North Carolina property. At 3:30 this afternoon the attorney in NC completed the closing process and at approximately 4pm, after a short walk across the town square (one of the plusses of small town living), the deed transfer was recorded at the local county courthouse.

This was the first (and most financially draining/straining) step in our 5 year plan. I hope the rest of the processes we'll be going through over the years will be as hassle-free as this one has been. Special thanks to our real estate agent, banker and attorney for doing everything possible to make this as painless as possible.

"Thanks" to my in-laws, who visited the property twice this week, for these photos.




Now, in the words of legendary musician James Taylor, "In My Mind I'm Goin' To Carolina..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew you were gonna use that as a subject line at some point!!! <3 James Taylor...

And grats!

Anonymous said...

I moved from Miami, FL to Charlotte, North Carolina. It's a huge difference and i'm glad we moved here. The only thing i miss is the snook fishing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);