Thursday, October 11, 2007

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and in observance websites all over the Internet are "Going Pink" to show support. I've already made my annual donation, which this year will support my friend Katrina as she takes part in the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 5K walk here in Orlando.

It's an important cause and one that touches so many lives, either directly or indirectly. My mother-in-law and my friend Rebecca are both breast cancer survivors. In fact just this week, 7 years after her initial diagnosis, Rebecca was declared officially cancer-free by her oncologist.

I always view my donation as a way to support research that may one day help eradicate this disease that could potentially strike my wife, daughter, granddaughter or other loved one or friend.

There are many ways to Make a Difference. I hope you'll do whatever you can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see another blogger participating in the Breast Cancer Awareness month! :)

Besides going pink, I will also try to create and spread the awareness on breast cancer throughout the month, such as this post about some breast cancer-related statistics:

http://chenpn.com/2007/10/08/breast-cancer-related-statistics/

Anonymous said...

It is always great to read your blogs and I too celebrate the fact that my mother and siter are now suviors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);