Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Year Is Half Over

"In youth the days are short and the years are long; in old age the years are short and the days long." Nikita Ivanovich Panin


It seems like just a few days ago that I was in Baton Rouge on New Year's Day. Now the year is already half over. I don't feel like I'm in old age yet, but damn, the years are getting shorter and shorter.

Due to scheduling requirements I had to take another day off so I asked for yesterday in order to attend the Des Moines Art Festival. My plan was to walk around the festival, which was held in downtown Des Moines, and then walk around the downtown area itself, all the while indulging my inner photographer.

Here was a hard lesson learned by experience. I don't think I'll ever make this mistake again. I had taken about 150 photos when I looked down and with disbelief realized I had been shooting in manual mode. I adjusted my settings and continued on my Photowalk, but I knew what awaited me later when I downloaded the pictures would not be good.

I was right. Those manual shots were all blown out with brightness or buried in darkness. If I decide to take the time, I might be able to salvage some in Photoshop...but I'm not sure yet I want to devote the amount of time I may need to get anything presentable.

But, while we're on the subject of photos, I did take the time tonight to finally upload photos from Mikey's Birthday in Downtown Disney this past June 7th to Flickr. Click the Flickr badge on the right or here to get to them.

More scheduling news tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);