Friday, April 4, 2008

Two New Sites Of Interest:: Lil' Dabster and Metro I-4 News

I want to take moment to recommend two NEW sites on the Internet that may be of interest to you.

First up, from an old friend of mine comes a site she specifically designed for her family and friends who have basic questions about using their computers, Lil' Dabster. From components to operating systems to peripherals and more, she'll explain it all with clear, concise and graphically detailed examples and instructions. As a bonus, she not only shares her computer and software knowledge, but also her artistic ability with scans of drawings, paintings and photography she's created.

I found out about the next site when it's creator, Chuck Welch of Lakeland Local, contacted me because my name was associated with Orlando MetBlogs in days gone by and he was looking for more local blogs to feed into the site. Metro I-4 News is a site that "is dedicated to the news pertinent to the citizens of the I-4 corridor. It is primarily written by hyperlocal bloggers, but includes a daily look at the main stream media." MI4, as it's fans have come to call it, is a one-stop site containing Central Florida-specific bloggers' posts. If you live in the Central Florida area or just want an easy way to stay up to date on local news, events and politics, this is the place to visit. I wish this had been around back when I was the "Man About Town" writing a hyperlocal blog for Tribune Media Services.

Take a few minutes and visit each site. I think you'll like what you see.

April is Autism Awareness Month. Autism is four times more common in males than females.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
0);